Some facts of the Town of Chetek
The Town of Chetek has a population of 1667 with a valuation of $254,577,400.
The Town of Chetek has 72 miles of roads.
Chetek Town was incorporated April 1, 1874 it included ½ of Prairie Lake and Sioux Creek Township and all of Dovre Town and the City of Chetek.
The first election was held on April 7, 1874 at the Shetek School House with 88 citizens voting. Shetek is the correct spelling from back then, it changed to Chetek in 1875.
Тhe first Chairman was Daniel Beagle
H. B. Rofs and J. C. Stewart were elected supervisors.
W. R Smith was elected Clerk
P. Linsley was elected Treasurer
The Chetek Town Hall was 1st mentioned in 1924, before that it was home to a school house, different named hotels, meeting place for different organizations, and The Chetek Opera House.
Chetek has a chain of six lakes and all six lakes are accessible in the Town of Chetek.
The Town of Chetek has many eating and drinking establishments from R Bar at the north end of the Town and The Chetek Lanes at the south end of the Town. Numerous campgrounds, a golf course, snowmobile and ATV trails, public boat landings, great fishing and hunting.
Some businesses located in the Town of Chetek:
- Chetek Lanes – 695 CHT SS
- Brass Rail – 697 CTH SS
- Bridge Stop BP – 2434 6 7/8 Ave
- Gilligans – 2542 8 ¼ Ave.
- Skippers Bait & Liquor – 2544 8 ¼ Ave.
- Pokegama Lakeside Tavern & Grill – 840 25 5/8 St.
- Six Lakes Resort & Bar – 2535 8 7/8 Ave.
- Somerset Pub – 967 25 1/8 St.
- Sunset View Golf Course – 1015 25 – 25 ¼ St.
- Caddy Shack Bar & Grill – 1017 25 – 25 ¼ St.
- Linda’s Lakeshore Resort & Bar – 1017 24 ½ - 25 St.
- R Bar-Your Pub & Grill – 1190 25th St.
The entire Town of Chetek is located in the Chetek/Weyerhaeuser School District.
The Chetek Fire Department and Ambulance services the Town of Chetek.